Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2013

2001 Golden Melon Tribute Tea



Today I retried a 2001 Golden Melon Tribute Tea from Fine puer, which  received  before the holidays but like I said before, I got that crazy flu so I couldn't report on it until now. I could of sworn that somebody else commented on this tea just as it was on transit but I can't remember who. The reason I bring it up is because we had different tasting notes which comes to show you that everybody tastes are different (Emmit commented on this tea with more complexity then I did). Well back to the tasting notes: when I first opened the melon, I didn't get no smell to it until I did the first rinse, which was sweet sugar cane? I do got add this note when buying this tea the vender warned me that the melon was highly compressed (true!) but I told laughing not for my pick which you see! 
First infusion I get faint maple syrup flavor. The color is orange 
 Orange which is consistent to an age puerh of this age is good sign! With my camera its hard to see, the cup is the second infusion but the flash makes it look lighter.
 Second infusion you get smells of sweet sugar cane and maple syrup with a hint of camphor. The third and fourth infusion was smooth but with a more of camphor taste in the soup. By the fifth cup, I started feeling tea dunkness which was pretty good! The sixth infusion and on you have nice smooth taste with maple syrup echo in  back of you throat mmmmm. I push this beyond ten infusion and lost count. Over all, not bad for a 2001 tea and the price not bad either! compared to buying a new one for the same price but probably wouldn't last as many brews!

As for the leaves a lot of different sizes and chopped up leaves but it didn't effect the flavor at all in the end.



I leave with these pictures, I took in Chinatown in October of some murals of dragons which are my favorite.








No comments:

Post a Comment