Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012

2009 Tikuanyin red box

The mystery  red top Tikuanyin I received from my mother in-law a few months ago has good flavor for a commercial brand but I wish I had a name of the company that makes it. She bought this one in shop in Hong Kong.
 




You can tell that it has been lightly roasted (the leaves look slightly green and dark) and it gives off a sweet floral smell when you open the tin.





 When you give it the first rinse you get a honey, floral over tone smell and the liquor is bright yellow.
First infusion you get a nectar, floral taste that fills the mouth. the second infusion the taste has over tones that are stronger in the first infusion. The fifth infusion the leaves are fully open and you get the full impact of the complexity of all the flavors in your mouth, which I think is the best infusion!  I got seven infusion in this seccion and I think if the Tikuanyin was young maybe I would gotten five, but it have been a good three years since it been made. I am going to put it away and let it age a little longer.






This is a picture of the cup my mother in-law gave me along with the tea and it pairs good with Oolongs! I don't know if you have noticed that different shape cups enhance the flavor (allows you to smell better the tea) of the tea, kinda like different cups for wine. I think it how you nose is position to the cup which allows you to taste more (without your nose you wouldn't be able to taste the same). If you have cup collection like I do, try different tea in it until you find one that you think makes you taste and smell the tea better. You'll be surprised on some flavor you have tasted with the tea you have! I'll post my different cups later and tell you my thoughts enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. I also really notice the difference in flavor with the same tea using different cups, I have many cups also but use only one cup for each type of tea.

    ReplyDelete