Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Roasted Tikuanyin a lost treasure


I was going to post a Yunnan Sourcing "Ai Loa Mountain"  that I had it last nite but it tasted different from my tasting notes this morning! So I' ll write about Roasted Tikuanyin I had this afternoon instead, that I lost in mess of samples I have not gone through yet. Am sure you have one too :o)! Actually Emmett called my attention of this lost tea the other day and told me that it has aged very good! When we bought it together a long, long time ago in a galaxy far away...
 Just kidding (guess who Emmett and I?) We don't remember where or how long back but Emmett wrote down ten years aged. I don't think I tried it back then, it got lost!








When I opened up the bag I got an instant lovely aroma of  sweet and high roasted tea filled the whole house fast, my wife told me it smelled like Genmicha Japanese green tea. I told her not tonight honey.
The first rinse brings out flavors of sweet aromas mixed in with cinnamon Hmmmmmm!



First brew you taste a sweetness, I can put my finger on it maybe sugar cane, (not honey like the wedding Tikuanyin). Second infusion brings out a dark sweet, smooth smokiness flavor. Third infusion bring out a sweet flavor of cinnamon.


By the seven infusion the brews are still strong and not letting up to the tenth brew!



Its the later part of the day and I decided to go grandpa style which I thought it would be fainter flavor but it stood up for two more 8oz brews! I stopped after that and didn't see if I could do it again.
Talking to Emmet we figured the more a tea ages the more infusion you can do just like the tale of the two high officials who found a aged puerh and were able to brew many times over till they had there fill and stopped.





A Shohin (meaning a small thing) black pine I have had in my collection for a eight years

 I have been trying to get it to back branch and when I find the right pot I'll be put it in a new one.




That is a 90ml tea pot right next to the pine to give you an idea how small this tree is! I do have smaller!






No comments:

Post a Comment