Translate

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pu-erh.sk "Man Nuo 2011"


Today I tried another sample of Pu-erh.sk "Man Nuo 2011"


When I opened the package, I got a little sweet smell of fruitiness from the package. The leaves look light green mixed with dark green.


When I did the first rise, I got aromas of smokiness and hints of fruity smells and color of the liquor was a light yellow.

First brew brought out flavors of smokiness and tastes of light fruits in your mouth. The second through the fifth  brew brought out the same kind of flavors but seemed to have no complexity and the flavors got lighter soon then expected (but very smooth). At this point (Fifth brew) I also got an echo in the back of my throat which was again faint but nice thing about the tea. I think that it wouldn't be a good pick for an every day brew or maybe when your on the run for grandpa, if you consider the price of this cake! I 'd take a pass personally :o)   The cake is young and maybe after a few years of aging it could change (I wish I had a crysle ball to know which cakes will be the best later!).
 I have had some cakes that at first were ok but after letting them age or rest in my cabinet at bit it,  they exploded with flavors after six months! Back to the tasting notes, I also got an echo in the back of my throat which was again faint but welcoming. I would try it out for yourself before you make your decision on buying a cake. I know that when Emmett and I try  different cakes their are ones he likes and one I like.



 Pictures of the leaves after seven brews.



I love the change of color here in the windy city of Chicago and especially on my Bonsai! I have here a maple that is still in training for four years. I haven't picked out a pot yet.





Going to be a raft style, which is a tree that has fallen down and the side branches become the tree.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Hobbie,
    I had that tomorrow and quite agree with you I did not get a significant smokiness though". I'm afraid that the tea was rather expensive for everyday drinking though - this year's Mannuo sure is :) Despite the price, I don't think that much of it. But then again, it may be just me and my attitude to young puerh.
    All the best!
    Jakub

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I forgot about the price on this cake! Am think Yunnan Sourcing cakes starting around $21 raw 20012 his brand of course :o)

      Delete