Translate

Friday, October 12, 2012

Misencha Fukamushicha

 This morning am going to drink this green tea "Misencha Fukamushicha" that I bought at my local Japanese store which carries some good green tea! When you open up the package it smell like fresh air and grassy.





 When I infuse it the first time you can smell fresh air and nuttiness from the liquor and the leaves. The color is light green and the brew tastes sweet and little nuttiness flavor.
 The second infusion I let the water cool down for another few minutes. When I infusion-ed the first infusion, I let the water cool down for four minutes after boiling the water. When you infuse green tea with boiling water, I found out that it burns the leaves giving you a harsh bitter taste every time ( unlike puerh ). I've read that by cooling water after boiling it, brings out the sweet flavor in green tea which the Japanese like.  Back to the tasting notes, you get a sweeter grass smell and the taste is more define with nutty green taste.  Am going to enjoy this infusion with my tea pet!




The third infusion you still smell a sweetness in the liquor and the taste is little liter in sweetness and nuttiness. I can probably keep infusion this tea for couple more infusions but now am going to run out and enjoy the sunny day today.

 The color of the leafs after they have been infused.


This is the tea pot I brew my green teas which was  a good find with a nilon screen I believe it only set me back five dollars(local thrift store)! Am not sure who made it and it has no marking of any kind but it looks old and been use a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment